Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Broken Rhythm...


I have decided to stop making glass beads altogether. Was it a difficult decision to make? Yes and no. Yes, because I have spent so much on my equipment and materials plus it was to supplement my income from home. No, because I no longer can concentrate on making glass beads. Why? Read on...

Early this year, my mother met with an accident and suffered a brain trauma, which has left her right side paralysed and she is bed bound . I have flown home several times this year to help out my dad and mum; it's taken a toll on me not just physically but mentally too. The flight between Singapore and Germany is very tedious - I'm no longer a young buckaroo. Mum is taken care of at home, my dad has employed a housekeeper to help out who is also mum's caregiver at the same time. So, long story short, it's been difficult for me to even sit down to melt any glass rods into beads, given my mum's worrying condition. Mum is 78 and dad is 80 - perhaps you get the picture as to why I can't concentrate on making any glass beads.

I have however began to wire-work, nothing fancy in the makings, mainly working with steel annealed wire presently till I get the hang of things before I move on to using sterling and fine silver. I'm afraid I have no pictures for this blog on my wire-work as this is a really spontaneous blog update. Bear with me, I shall have some taken for my next blog update.

In the meantime, may I share some photos of Jenny, my sweet Dackel, with you? She's 2½ years old now. Time sure flies by fast.

Hoping for that morsel of leftovers

Runaway Bride?



Jenny at the Elbe 

Man, it's warm today...






6 comments:

Manuela said...

Liebe Dora,

ich kann das so gut verstehen, ich wünsche dir und deiner Familie ganz viel Kraft.

Wenn du Hilfe brauchst oder jemanden zum Reden, meine Tel.Nr. hat sich nicht geändert,

lass dich drücken, Manu

Patty said...

Dora, I'm so sorry to hear about your mother's condition. She is lucky to have your loving attention and care now. The beads can wait and your talent will remain intact. You don't have to say "never". Meanwhile, I'm glad you've found a creative fill-in while you're on the move. (((Hugs)))

Wendy Duffield said...

Best wishes Dora to you and your family. I treasure my collection of your work (wearing one today in fact) :)

Wendy Duffield said...

Best wishes Dora to you and your family. I cherish my collection of your work.

Lori Peterson said...

I'm so sorry to hear this. Much love to you, Dora. Your dog is completely adorable, by the way. <3 Love, Lori Peterson

Patti Cahill said...

I wish you and your family well, Dora and hope we run into each other somewhere in the future. Post on FB once in awhile okay? Best, Patti