Friday, March 4, 2011

ROUTINES ARE NATURAL


According to the Oxford dictionary, routine means a sequence of actions regularly followed; fixed patterns

Do you realize that all of us require routines each day otherwise the day will be pretty aimless? Routines are natural - nature has its routines: spring, summer, autumn, winter. The trees, they bear buds in spring which come into full blossom in summer; in autumn, the leaves explode into phenomenal color changes, they fall off to prepare for their resting period in winter. Each year, trees go through the same phases - that is a natural occuring routine.

On the other hand, it is just as essential that we have time off from our usual routines - simply to relax, to regenerate, to bond with our family and perhaps to do some deep soul-searching. The saying "too much of anything isn't good" is true. So, whatever you are doing - whether you are answering your emails or working in the studio or taking care of young children, make a habit of taking constant breaks, go for a walk to clear your head or hire a babysitter to watch the kids for an hour or two, and when you come back to face your tasks, you will feel happier about finishing what you have to do.


THE LITTLE FLOWER GIRL

THE LITTLE GEISHA IN O-DOTS

THE LITTLE MERRY GEISHA

DEEP SUMMER #2

DEEP SUMMER






6 comments:

TesoriTrovati said...

You changed your blog, Dora! I love how clean and uncluttered it is. So fresh and bright. I am hoping to do something to mine soon...

I love your work. Those deep summer ones made me gasp with delight. I thought they looked like butterflies trapped in their chrysalises ready to burst forth and take flight!
Thanks for the inspiring words and images today!
Enjoy the day.
Erin

Dora Schubert said...

Thank you, Erin! Yes, I am currently undergoing a radical change with my life! You've hit the nail on the head - I am de-cluttering as much as I can, physically as well as virtually! Feels lighter and less burden on my shoulders, de-cluttering makes you feel free! You have a good weekend too!

ISR - Glasdesign said...

Oh, I love them all! I love the beads you create!

Dora Schubert said...

Thanks, ISR-Glasdeisgn!

Sandi/sassyglassdesigns said...

I really like the new look of your blog and I love "little flower girl"...all the beads are great.

Dora Schubert said...

Thanks Sandi - yes sometimes we need changes in our usual routines to bring back excitement!