Monday, February 7, 2011

RAINY DAYS AND MONDAYS...

Last week I was really feeling low and wasn't very "productive". Blame it on the weather but it had been a very depressing beginning of the week. I snapped out of it as quick as I could with help and friendly messages from friends and family. I was melting a lot of glass on mandrels which ended up in the trash bin; yes, it was exactly that I was doing - not making beads but simply melting glass on mandrels so that I can throw it out, like I have nothing better to do. A few days ago, I decided to go back to the basics of beadmaking - floral beads. When in doubt, then work it out; and working on florals is one good way to touch base again. Floral beads have dots, stringers, encasing and I enjoy plunging the middle of the dots to see how it evolves into a flower. Imagine how cool it is, plunging into the middle of the individual dots clustered in a circle can become a flower. Never fails to amaze me till today how I enjoy plunging a tungsten poke into hot glass to depict flowers that way. Ahhh, the little joys in life!

Beads I made so far - all of them will be listed on eBay and on my BigCartel shop though I haven't listed everything as of this posting. I might also return to Etsy - too many sites and too little time! I prefer to keep it to as little sites as I can. I wonder if I am the only one who is confused where to list and for the buyers, where to look too!

RASCALS, 11-bead set
very small beads (small for me to make), each bead 11x13mm

IN THE GARDEN, my fav beadsize 17x19mm
5-bead set

THE LITTLE GEISHA IN BLUE, XXS
these dolls you see are very small now, half of the original dolls I previously made

THE LITTLE GEISHA IN IVORY, XXS

THE LITTLE GEISHA IN COBALT, XXS

THE LITTLE GEISHA IN BLACK-AND-WHITE, XXS

THE LITTLE GEISHA IN SALMON PINK, XXS

WHITE-AS-SNOW, white flowers against black

UNTITLED, teal flowers against blue goldstone (aventurine)

FIRST CROCUS, yellow flowers against cobalt blue

BEWILDERING, black-and-white with goldstone accents

5 comments:

Bobbie Pene said...

They are all beautiful but I do love the florals :)

Dora Schubert said...

Thanks, Bobbie!

Two B's said...

Love the Rascals! VERY nice!

Stephanie Gentry said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Pretty Things said...

Those are gorgeous! And I hate mandrel-in-the-trash-can days.