Monday, January 3, 2011

Adieu 2010; 2011 rocks!

Are you ready to accomplish brand new ideas for this year? I view each new year as a fresh slate to write on. In addition, I make sure I wrap up my obligations before the year ends. As an Asian, I strongly believe in a proper conclusion for the year end to pave the way for the new year without any strings attached. This is extremely important for most Asians before the Chinese lunar new year approaches. Enter the new year burden-free, whether "regular" or "lunar" new year.

December is a month of such obligations. Too many tasks left up to the last minute kept my nose to the grindstone. Of course, I constantly forget to throw away my other box - you see, procrastination boxes me in.

What's in store for this year? Quite a fair bit, though I will take it one step at a time. I will continue with my glass bead-making (actually, that's pretty redundant to point this out since lampworking has become my life and lifestyle) and realize shelved-but-not-forgotten ideas. My husband has just introduced me to mind-mapping and kanban software programs. Not for productivity in the factory-sense but as a guide to fulfill my aspirations and tasks.

I will have new beads up on my next posting. I look forward to you joining me then. May this year bring you one step closer to meeting your goals and keeping your dreams alive.

My family and I with our family pooch
Denmark, December 2010
left to right: Cara, Sydney, Sandy, Dora & Kai

3 comments:

TesoriTrovati said...

What an awesome and fun family portrait. Your family is beautiful. And that pooch! Swoon!
I wish for you that 2011 will be a stellar year filled with creative pursuits that make your soul take flight.

Enjoy the day!
Erin

Dora Schubert said...

Thank you, Erin! May I wish you a successful, healthy and happy 2011. Look forward to meeting you again soon. Take care!

Creative Arty Facts said...

A belated Happy New Year to you Dora! What a gorgeous family you have! Liz