Tuesday, October 5, 2010

CROSSING THAT BRIDGE

Right, now that I have my paperwork and taxes filed - yes, I had an extension for the tax returns - I suddenly feel very unburdened! Of course, now that is done I keep wondering what to do with my free time. Certainly this means I can work more at the torch, though I was not keen on that either. It is that bridge I am crossing presently; an in-between stage where I am at limbo, not reaching the other end yet and wandering along aimlessly, not sure whether to turn back to the beginning of the bridge or keep moving to the other end. Do you have that too? Yes, I am talking about my beads, I don't know what designs to do. I am becoming tired of using gold leaf.

Making beads - or anything for that matter - as a hobby is different from making beads for a living. There are times like now, I wish I was a hobbyist. There is less pressure to keep coming up with new ideas and I would have torched when I felt up to it. Torching for a living has its ups and downs - since I work from home, I have to be very disciplined about working. Oh, don't get me wrong, I enjoy what I do, it's a dream job! On the other hand, having too much of something creates imbalance in your life. One thing for certain is, I have to change my ways to create a balance again. No one else can do that for me. Till I figure that out, let me show you what I've created this week.

The first two photos show the same set - front and back of the larger beads - called Bumblebees, Flowers And Me. This set is a result of watching the fat bumblebees this summer visiting my flowers and gathering their nectar. The last three sets are all made with the gold leaf with the stringer worked onto the gold leaf. I am very proud to be able to work the glass stringer onto the gold leaf without frying it to a brown-looking gunk.





5 comments:

NEDbeads said...

Dora!!! O my goodness!!!! How much are the black ones, how much, how much, I WANT them!!!!!!!!

Dora Schubert said...

Thanks! They're currently on eBay - another 2 days till auction close.

Pretty Things said...

Your beads never cease to amaze me.

Vivas said...

Dora, Du hast Dich mal wieder selbst übertroffen. Wunderschöne Perlen!
Besonders die mit den Bienenpopos :-)
Liebe Grüße
Petra

Sara said...

Preciosimos y adorables trabajos.