Tuesday, September 14, 2010

STUCK IN THE MUD

I hadn't realized that in less than two weeks I am due to drive to Wertheim for the Glasperlen Symposium 2010 (it's a German lampworking event held annually in this town), about 100km 'south' of Frankfurt am Main (don't quote me on that 'south' bit, since I have not looked at the map to see which direction Wertheim really lies from Frankfurt/Main, though the 100km from Frankfurt is right and driving from Hamburg, everything is down south for me). It's about 650km from Hamburg to Wertheim. So, am I ready for the event? Honestly? Noooo... I am still knee-deep with my paperwork, which I have not been attacking and working off properly. I admit, I always find one thousand and one other things to do at the same time I sit down to paperwork. Isn't that awful?? On top of that, I have found a 'old-but-new' addictive hobby - knitting socks. If I am not at the torch, I really should be paperworking, BUT instead I am knitting socks. Perhaps it's age catching up on me, where I want to do what I like to do and ahem, paperwork isn't high on my priority list. Hahaha!!

Here are some beads I've come up with and yes, I am still hung up on using gold leaf. Are you tired of seeing goldy beads from me by now? Obsession and persistence are both my middle names. Ahh, the last set is not with gold leaf, it's almost ceramic-looking and may even be mistaken as ceramic beads by some.

BTW, the show runs on 25 & 26 Sep, at least these are the dates of lampwork sales dates. On 24 Sep, they are displaying and selling accessories for lampworking. The venue is Arkadensaal, Mühlenstraße 26, 97864 Wertheim.



8 comments:

adi said...

Ich wünsche Dir viel Spaß und Erfolg in Wertheim - mir ist der Weg einfach zu weit!!!
Lg Adi

Dora Schubert said...

Vielen Dank, Adi. Schade, dass du nicht hinfährst!

Christiane said...

Viel Spaß in Wertheim. Irgendwann fahre ich da bestimmt auch noch mal hin.
LG Christiane

Guido said...

sehen lecker aus dora ;)

SueBeads said...

gorgeous as usual!

TesoriTrovati said...

Um. No. I am not sick of goldy beads from you! I would love to see a humongous strand of those red ones circling my Christmas tree. But I think that would break my bank!
You go, Dora! You will do it!

Enjoy the day!
Erin

Dora Schubert said...

Danke, Christiane & Guido!

Thanks, Sue & Erin! Yes Erin, I thought of Christmas when I made the red/gold beads; appreciate your encouragement!! Need it too, days are getting shorter and we've had non-stop rain for the past 2 days.

Carolien said...

Die neue Perlen mit Blattgold sind wirklich super Dora! Ich freu' mich schon die in Wertheim sehen zu können :)