Monday, August 16, 2010

MY SURROUNDINGS

"Oh wow, it's a flower!!....again...." says my daughter, Cara while my younger daughter Sydney moans with "oh mom, not another flower...can't you shoot (i.e. photograph, not kill-shoot) something else?!"

That's what I've been up to for the past two to three weeks. I am supposed to be clearing up my paperwork and filing my taxes besides the fact that I wanted to take time off from my studio to spend the wonderful sun-filled days with my family.

In any case, here are several flowers and bumblebees I have captured with my camera. It has been very invigorating to be using my camera again, another hobby which I ditched for the past 2 decades, believe it or not. Please excuse me for not knowing all the names of the flowers I have taken. Not very many different flowers, as my younger daughter has pointed out - I was shooting different angles of the same flower, with different exposure, aperture, etc. I have chosen to show you what I like best. If you are interested, you can check my complete photos on flickr or mobileme gallery over the next days - they are presently not completely uploaded on both sites yet. Drop me a note, if you'd like to subscribe or get the link to my mobile-me gallery.

Last but not least, I tried to make some beads today. Alas, it's not my day - made two crappy beads - and my thoughts are still stuck on my paperwork...

MORNING GLORY

BUMBLEBEE ON WHITE FLOWER

BUMBLEBEE CLINGING ON A PETAL

BUMBLEBEE ON PINK FLOWER

ORANGE BEGONIA

YELLOW FLOWER

BLUE HIBISCUS

PAIR OF BLUE HIBISCUS

DRAGONFLY

VERY TINY PURPLE FLOWERS ON MOSS

CACTUS

CACTUS


4 comments:

Silver Parrot said...

What great photos! I can definitely see some bead/jewelry inspiration in these...especially with the colors!

mamajanl said...

They are gorgeous.....I love brilliant colors...... I think your
camera is great.....

Perlenkatze said...

beautyful flowers, Dora.
I hope they'll inspirate you to create some gorgous beads.
Sincerely
Gabie.

Deb said...

Just gorgeous Dora :) I love flower photography...well actually I love flowers, so I guess that stands to reason :)

The flowers with the bumblebee's on them are Cosmos by the way.