Tuesday, August 24, 2010

MONOCULTURE BEADS




Right, this is can be quite confusing - you'd think I have the same beads repeatedly in each photo. Well, almost. Lines dominate these beads and their designs. I can't seem to shake off using black stringers on white base; love the stark effect these two colors have. Boring to some but obviously I am captivated with black on white, not so much white on black. I have convinced myself - actually, forced myself - to make a set of colorful beads. Yeah, trying to break up the b+w cycle since not everyone is crazy as I am about the combination. This below colorful set is inspired by my younger daughter's bikini she bought this summer. She said to me last week, "hey mum, you should make a set of beads using the colors on my two-piece!", which by the way, has gold straps; thus the gold-leaf spacers.

17 comments:

rosebud101 said...

Amazing beads! All of them!

Doris said...

Einfach nur WUNDERSCHÖÖÖÖÖÖNNN!!!!!

Liebe Grüsse Doris

perlaperla said...

Phantastisch!

LG Angela

SueBeads said...

GORGEOUS!

Sara said...

Son maravillosas!!

TesoriTrovati said...

Oh, I love the black and white. The stark contrast. The clean lines. And you can add anything to it to color it up! I love the bikini beads too! Clever!
Enjoy the day, Dora.
Erin

Guido said...

. . . wie beim malen, da gibts am anfang auch nur schwarz und weiss, aber dafür in allen schattierungen ;) klasse dora !!!!
lg
guido

Dora Schubert said...

Thank you, everyone!

Perlensusa said...

Erster Gedanke: Oh mein Gott, sind die schön!!!....klingt aber schon ein bißchen kitschig! Ist aber so!

silk said...

Monokultur?
Mono-Kultur !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LG Silke

Bobbie Pene said...

I do love the black on white thing. Something about it is elegant, yet timeless. Your colourful ones are just as lovely though, and the gold leaf spacers really set them off.

mamajanl said...

Back in the groove..... gorgeous

by keiara - lampwork beads said...

they're all absolutely amazing!! love the black and white.. love the colour ones, too!!! you rock, as always ;) xox

shiborigirl said...

I'm especially entranced by the black-on-white beads in the second photo. Simply stunning!

I'm drooling at the thought of what I could do with them.

Kate

Eva Maria Keiser said...

Superb works and great pictures!

Dora Schubert said...

Thank you, again, I really appreciate your encouragement and kind words!!

Pretty Things said...

I hope you'll be at Bead and Button next year so I can choose some beads. I am just so in awe of your stringer control!