Thursday, July 15, 2010

'TIS THE SEASON TO BE INSPIRED

Are you inspired when the weather is beautiful? I am!! Whether cold or hot, as long as the sky is blue and the sun is out, I feel energized, uplifted and happy. Who isn't?! More of my beads to show you -



CAN'T LET GO, close-up
Black-and-white beads
I love these beads, the motifs are quite Japanese-looking

CAN'T LET GO

THE ORACLE AT DELPHI, close-up
Made with lemon meringue and black. I can't tell you how I oh-so-cannot control this glass (lemon meringue), I keep getting splotches of deeper yellow - I admit, I do like the unexpected splotches, it's an element of surprise each time I take out the beads from the kiln when I use this glass.

THE ORACLE AT DELPHI

DRAGONFLIES, FLOWERS AND ME, close-up
Inspired while swimming in a nearby freshwater lake. I observed beautiful iridescent blue-bodied dragonflies flittering among the reeds.

DRAGONFLIES, FLOWERS AND ME
Use of pink and white enamels, each bead has a dragonfly and a flower

IN THE GRAND SCHEME OF THINGS
Black-and-white beads

Newsflash: Arizona Society of Glass Beadmakers (ASGB) is sponsoring and organizing my workshops in 2011. I am teaching in Arizona, two two-day classes on April 30/May 1 and May 3/4. If anyone is interested in taking the classes, please contact Penny Dickinson. By the way, when the classes fill up and there is enough demand, a possible third class shall open up. I shall be teaching techniques in these workshops and we shall be working with soft glass. For more details of what I shall be teaching, please email me at dora@doraschubert.com. For registration and workshop fees, please contact Penny Dickinson (please see below for her email address). The classes will be held at:

Fire and Friends Z Art Studios
8550 N. 91st Ave, Suite 49
Peoria, Arizona 85345
Contact: Penny Dickinson
Email: firedandfused@msn.com

4 comments:

Christiane said...

WOW, die sind mal wieder schön geworden. Besonders die Dragonflies haben es mir angetan!
LG Christiane

Cindy said...

That email address bounced back for me, said it was not an address.

Dora Schubert said...

Danke, Christiane!

Cindy, thanks for your msg and I have corrected the email address from Penny. Sorry for the error!

mamajanl said...

These sets are wonderful.....I wish I had them all.....