Tuesday, July 20, 2010

THRIVING ON LESS SLEEP?

I have not been sleeping too well in the past two-three weeks, basically it is too hot and we have no aircons at home. I probably mentioned it before, it is very unusual to have aircons in Germany. On Sunday, the newspaper reported there are less than one-quarter of hotels in Germany which actually have aircons. Even most huge departmental stores do not necessarily have aircons and they wonder why there are less customers during summer, hello??? Isn't it obvious why no one wants to go in when it's like an oven indoors? Oh, don't get me wrong, the buildings are well-insulated but hey, it is hot and no matter how well-insulated, it is stuffy indoors. The German folk is very environmental-conscious, most of us bring our paper, bottles and batteries to the recycling receptacles in the neighborhood. Did you know that when you shop at the supermarkets or local farmers' markets here, you have to bring your own shopping bags or pay for the shopping bags if you forget to bring yours? Living here, I have learned to appreciate these little aspects, I try my utmost to be as 'green' as possible. After all, I want to leave the planet in a good condition for our children and future generations.

Ok, let's get back to sleeplessness. I admit, I thrive on less sleep and I have plenty of ideas that I transpose onto my beads. Right now, I am in an endless 'production' stage, I love (pardon me if I sound arrogant here, I know that self-praise is no praise) what I am coming up with these days!

My latest work to share with you -

FLOWERS OF THE FAIRIES

LADYBIRDS, FLOWERS AND ME

BUTTERFLIES, FLOWERS AND ME

A NIGHT IN BALI


CHERRIES AND VANILLA CREAM

IT TAKES TWO TO TANGO

9 comments:

perlaperla said...

Oh die sind schön!!!! Cherry and Vanilla ist mein Favorit - yummy!

LG Angela

Cindy said...

I love what you are coming up with, too! Now that I said it....it is REAL PRAISE and you deserve it!

mamajanl said...

Oh my what gorgeous beads.....I love the nature themes and the cherry beads..... beautiful red color.....

TesoriTrovati said...

Goodness, Dora. Those are some mighty tasty morsels! I haven't been sleeping much either. But I am consumed with the prep work. I am sooooooo tired! I feel like I need a week long nap!

Thanks for sharing your inspiration.
Enjoy the day!
Erin

RockerJewlz said...

Don't worry about praising yourself, Dora, because you ARE producing incredible work.

I'm amazed at not only the fine thin quality of your stringer, but that you melt it in so it looks smooth as opposed to raised. I see raised more often so yours is a gift.

by keiara - lampwork beads said...

I love every last one of these!!! The top set is my favourite.. WOW!! I'm feeling you on the heat issue. In Florida, everywhere is air conditioned.. in England practically nowhere is :( It sure makes me cranky!! Hopefully it'll cool off soon ;) love, k x

Pretty Things said...

I have ALWAYS loved your work!

And here, it's been a record-breaking summer, with many days over 100F. Blech. I can't even go out and do anything without melting into a puddle of goo.

EB Bead and Metal Works said...

Your beads are extraordinary! I found your Flickr and Blog from Erin's blog. I can just look at your beads all day long! Beth

Perlenkatze said...

Fabular beads Dora. I love them all.
Sincerely
Gabie