Sunday, June 6, 2010

THIS IS IT!

Whether I have enough beads for the show, well, it's a little late to worry about it now. The Bead & Button Show begins on Thursday and I have stopped working at the torch yesturday - time to pack the beads and my bags.

Good news! Elizabeth Prior has set my glass cabochons into 7 new rings and 5 new pendants specially made for the show; this includes my new Mad Hatter series besides the Moorish designs. My booth is #17 at the show.

I spent about 10 days making large-holed beads which can be used on the Pandora/Troll & Co. bracelets/necklaces, though they are versatile for other chains as well. I admit, I have enough of making the small beads...little suckers...I counted about 238 such beads. Now you may understand why I can't the thought of making the 239th or 240th bead??!!


Next, I made more of the round beads with the 'I-heart-you' motifs though these beads are 'heartless' (wow, I sound like Cruella DeVil, talk about the 'heartless' beads and its maker...). I have come up with color combinations which I personally like. I could have gone on making more but well, there's that time factor again.



Here are some other beads, besides the Mad Hatter series, traveling to Milwaukee with me. Have a great week, and I shall blog from Milwaukee!


13 comments:

Narrative jewelry said...

My first words for your beauties were "qu'est-ce que c'est beau !". In french in the text !
Love love your work Dora, so beautiful.

Christina J. said...

Can't wait to see all your beads in person again at B&B!

Bobbie Pene said...

Unfortunately I live in New Zealand and cant visit the show. If I could I know I would buy one of your beautiful beads. Your stringer control is amazing!

mamajanl said...

Unbelievable....All so gorgeous.....

eve said...

All i can say is wow, i love them all, such talent Dora, hope you did well,x

SueBeads said...

Just gorgeous! I wish I was there to see, touch and buy some!

Guido said...

hey dora . . .
wärst du eine superheldin, würde man dich stringer rufen ;) aber du bist auch ohne heldenstatus meine lady-perfekt-stringer . . . bleib gesund und mach weiter so ;)
lg
guido

TesoriTrovati said...

YOu have really outdone yourself, Dora! Have a safe trip. I can't wait to meet you and pick out my beads!!!! Enjoy the day!
Erin

Perlenkatze said...

Unglücklicher weise hatte unser Treffen, im Mai, ja nicht geklappt. :-(
Und ich komme zuspät in die USA um die B&B Show zusehen. Aber es freu mich immer, wenn ich Deine schönen Perlen betrachten kann und eines Tages werde ich auch welche verarbeiten.
Viel Erfolg Dora, in den USA.
Liebe Grüße
Gabie

Perlensusa said...

Wie im Himmel!!!!!

Dora Schubert said...

Thank you, all, for your wonderful comments; most encouraging and I hope to sell as much as I can!! See you at the show!

Rose said...

My oh my! SUCH PRETTIES! I wish I were going to the Bead and Button show but I am too far away :(

Have fun at the show!!! :D

perlaperla said...

Liebe Dora, nimms mir nicht übel - ich hoffe fast, dass ein bisschen was übrig bleibt für Wertheim ;-) Diese Fülle ist ein wunderbarer Anblick - ich versuche gerade, mein Kinn wieder hochzukriegen....

Viel Spass und Erfolg in Milwaukee!
Angela