Wednesday, June 30, 2010

GROPING IN THE DARK?

Finally I am finding my way back to my torch; ok, folks, let's not take this literally, I am not fumbling in the dark to find my torch. As after any event, I am not only exhausted but burned out when I come home and I simply can't bear the thought of making another bead. Oh, I do admit, I am not keen to make the same designs as when preparing for the event. The need to come up with something new and exciting is as daunting as crossing the huge Pacific or Atlantic Ocean with your small wooden row-boat in order to reach home. Perhaps, this need for 'something new' is the kill-joy factor. Perhaps, no one except myself expect me to come up with new designs. Perhaps, I set goals which are not necessary. Perhaps, I am being complicated. Perhaps, it is better to do what I like doing, so what if they are similar designs? Perhaps, it is best to put all these mind-bogging questions in the trash and forget it. Let's start afresh and be happy as clams!

Some new beads to share with you:


A ROMANTIC BOLERO
round beads in watermelon and transparent red with turquoise motifs
comes with transparent aqua/watermelon/transparent red disc spacer beads

EVIDENTLY STAR-STRUCK
round beads with black motifs and light blue dots
accompanied with spacer beads

STARS OUT IN THE SUMMER SKY
round beads, black motifs with green-pink dots

A SILENT CHOICE
this is a set where it's about positive and negative
something I learned during my days in art school

10 comments:

by keiara - lampwork beads said...

Well I absolutely LOVE all of these beads, Dora, so I say keep it up!! I've only done two shows so far but I get really burnt out, too. I find myself making tons of super simple beads for the show which I'm not keen on making but they sell well. But, hey, the rest of the time we can go crazy and make whatever WE want, right?? Have a wonderful week, angel <3

Dora Schubert said...

Thank you, Keiara luv! Glad to hear your shows are doing well. That's the point, what you like may not be what the public likes. Beauty is really in the eye of the beholder. You have a great week too!!

Mermaid Glass said...

So beautiful, as always. I love the color combination on Bolero!
I can't imagine the public not loving whatever you decide to make.

I'm in that phase right now of just making simple beads that I know will sell. My creative spirit seems to be missing lately, so I just keep working, patiently waiting for it return.

Lisa Atchison - Touch of Glass Designs said...

Hi Miss Dora. I also LOVE your beads, all of them, new designs, old designs...all of them! Your love of the art shows in all you do. Thanks for sharing your beauties with us!!

TesoriTrovati said...

Wowza! How can I want each one more than the last? I love the star shapes and the bright pops of color. Brillian, Miss Dora!
Enjoy the day!
Erin

Guido said...

soooooo lecker dora . . . zum reinbeissen schön !!!!
glg
guido

eve said...

I love all these sets of beads, what great work, you are amazing stringer work.

Dora Schubert said...

Thank you, all - appreciate all your ever-encouraging comments!!!

Perlenkatze said...

Thank you Dora for sharing your mavekouss beads with us. I hope tio see them on day in real.

Julie Nordine . Credit.River.Art.Glass said...

So glad to hear that I'm not the only one who takes a while to get back to the torch after a big show! B&B wears me out.

Your work is fantastic, Dora... I love SILENT CHOICE... there's something so straightforward about positive & negative spaces that really draws me in.

I love that you continue to create & discover new styles for yourself... it's so easy to just sit back & continue to do what everyone expects from you. Keep it up! :o)

~ Julie