Monday, May 10, 2010

TOO MUCH ON MY MIND

Our dear friend has taken a turn for the worse and she has been in the hospice for the past two weeks. Last night, her husband called us to say that he has been overnighting there for the past three nights with her, keeping her company. Despite her recent major surgery, her body is slowing giving up.

Over the weekend, I stopped work for two days to bake cakes and made fresh pasta as we had my parents-in-law over yesturday; though I admit, I forgot it was Mother's Day when I called them to join us on Sunday. Ahhh, losing track of such things is a common occurrence these days, when I have too much on mind. Hope you all enjoyed the day with your mums.

Some beads I made recently - hope you'll enjoy viewing them. Have a good week.

WILDFLOWERS OF A DIFFERENT NATURE series



















GRANNY SMITH'S TREE


GRAPES OF WRATH


WANDERING STARS series











6 comments:

TesoriTrovati said...

So sorry to hear about your friend. I sort of forgot about Mother's day too. But was glad to be with so many mothers that I love on that day!
I love these beads. I got a scan of the work in progress that I will be matching in beads. I will send you a link.
Happy Mother's Day to you!
Enjoy the day!
Erin

Dora Schubert said...

Thank you, Erin. Nice to know that someone else forgot about Mother's Day too! Look forward to your link. Take care and see you next month!

Releases by Rufydoof said...

Gorgeous beads Dora - I especially love Granny Smith's tree and Grapes of Wrath. Beautiful.

Karyn
Australia

Copper Diem said...

So simple and SO pretty! Love the flower ones and the firework-y ones

Dora Schubert said...

Thank you, Karyn & Copper Diem!

Starlet Weddings said...

B&W, lovely!!!!