Monday, May 17, 2010

NOT IN HIBERNATION

I have a few weeks before I leave for Milwaukee in June and yes, I am busy preparing myself for the Bead & Button Show or at least I like to think I am. I must admit, I am not spending enough time on the torch as in the previous years preparing for the event. Slowing down? Probably. I want to enjoy myself making beads and simultaneously, take time to relax. Trying to find some semblance of order and balance. This past week has seen me going in one direction, so I might as well forget that bit about 'semblance of order and balance'... I have been churning out big-holed small beads - does that sound mad? I mean, 'big-holed' yet 'small beads', sounds silly, doesn't it? Actually, these are meant for using on the 'Pandora' bracelet/necklace. I've made about 120 such beads and I am quite pleased that they have a pretty consistent size. I admit, I haven't been too worried about the size and yet, they came out as if I had pushed a button that says 'size x'...

LARGE-HOLE SMALL BEADS
for 'Pandora'/'Troll' bracelets and necklaces

BLACK-AND-WHITE NECKLACE

CLOSE-UP OF BLACK-AND-WHITE NECKLACE

Beads with new color combination and patterns

MAD HATTER SERIES, focal bead
with ladybird


Reverse side

THE JEALOUS HEART


Reverse side of THE JEALOUS HEART

THE PURPLE HEART

Reverse side of THE PURPLE HEART


I-HEART-YOU
two-tone with a dusting of enamels
Reverse side of I-HEART-YOU

I-HEART-YOU: HOPE

Reverse side of I-HEART-YOU: HOPE


5 comments:

TesoriTrovati said...

So very wonderful. Wonder filled. I love the necklace design you did. Those are some dynamic beads when strung all together!
Enjoy the day, Dora!
Erin

Christiane said...

Die sind ja alle sehr sehr schön!! Besonders die beiden mit dem Herzchen haben es mir angetan...und die schwarz-weiße Kette ist auch toll.
LG Christiane

Vivas said...

Traumhaft schöne Perlen!

Viel Glück!
Petra

Guido said...

hallo dora ;)
hoffe du findest in all dem trubel noch zeit für dich ;)
apropo trubel . . . wo findet man dich als kursleiterin ? du stehst auf meiner must-to-do liste ;)
liebe grüsse
guido

Anja said...

pure loveliness