Saturday, May 1, 2010

DO YOU REALLY SEE WHAT YOU SEE?


Do you really see what is around you when you take a walk? Most of us nowadays listen to music or talk on the cellphone and more often than not, we ignore the environment around us. We are in a hurry, rushing from one place to the next or our minds are filled with thoughts. When I take walks with our dog, I try to free my mind of any thoughts, look consciously around me, enjoy the sights and yes, I learned to appreciate this way of relaxation, make time for myself. Here's what I've seen this morning during my walk - spring is very rejuvenating, don't you agree?

Poppy buds, these poppy are outside a kindergarten
The only poppy bud that's about to bloom

Ladybird

Red tulip, view from top

Cherry blossoms, view from below

A bush blossoming, I don't know the name of this bush


Hyacinth

5 comments:

Jen V. said...

Lovely! It feels good to let your mind in the moment on a walk. :)

Copper Diem said...

Great photos! I love poppies, they are so magical!

Guido said...

sali dora,
ja das mit dem "offenen auge" durch die welt, mhhh . . . wird von generation zu generation immer subjektiver, leider . . .da sind deine bilder ein richtige augenschmaus ;) apropo . . . eine meiner lieblingsgewächse ist bald thema einer perlenserie ;)
bleib gesund . .
lg
guido

Perlenkatze said...

Looking at your pictures, Dora, gives me the idea, wo the models are for your beads. :)

Marieke said...

Dora you are absolutely right, I too think a lot of people don truly look around anymore to watch the beauty of nature, which is so beautiful especially in springtime when everything is starting to bloom.

I also wanted to let you know you still are one of my favorite lampworkers. You work inspires and I really enjoyed to seeing your more recent work because of the enormous creativity and originality.

You are a huge inspiration to me and therefore I would like to award you with the sunshine award.
More info about it can be found on my blog.

warm regards,
Marieke