Tuesday, April 6, 2010

PEEK-A-BOO INTO THE PIGEONS' NEST

I have some issues with the new features on this blog, last blog was a little wonky as most of you have probably noticed. It will take me weeks if not months to figure out how to use it properly. Ahhh, the joys of learning...

The love birds, ie pigeons, who have their nest on the tree directly outside of our windows, are back again and this time we not only watched them re-build their nest, but have the luck of seeing their freshly-laid eggs! Here's a picture I've managed to capture three or four days ago.





I have been making finished pieces, necklaces, earrings and bracelets. Here's a black-and-white piece I finished last week. Lentil-shaped beads are rather large. 

THE FORGOTTEN GARDEN, 20" necklace
lentils each measure 26mm in diameter
smokey quartz + sterling silver catch





A focal bead I made with purple enamels and orange/yellow/green murrine. Both sides of this free-formed focal bead have the same motifs and murrini.


FIREBALLS
41x28mm, 11mm thick


I love this set - if you look at the ends of the beads, I have a floral pattern and I stumbled upon it by accident, ie I have exaggerated the dots, I made them nice and fat. The beads have a 'Flinestone-y' effect, thus the name of the set is Pebbles and Bam-bam.

PEBBLES AND BAM-BAM
each round bead: 17x20mm
total length: 20cm (8")








2 comments:

Releases by Rufydoof said...

Oh such a gorgeous assortment of beads. I love the necklace you have created - those lentils are so striking.

I love leaf design on the purple bead too and those pebble and bam bam beads.. WOW ... such gorgeous vibrant colours.

Karyn

Dora Schubert said...

Thank you, Karyn!