Friday, March 5, 2010

STUCK, AS USUAL

Yeah, I am really stuck on making floral and hollow beads. I simply don't know how to rid this addiction. I tell myself to make my other beads, but the fingers somehow have their own mind, the brain has absolutely no control whatsoever. 

On Fridays, I am never sure whether to lampwork or to take it easy - I wonder whether others have the same feelings as I do. This morning with the sun out, I took the advantage of taking photos of some of my beads from yesturday. I really like taking my photos outdoors in the shade since nothing beats natural lighting. This week has been great for outdoor shots, though it is freezing cold. All beads made on 2mm mandrels. 

Have a great weekend!

SOFTLY, SOFTLY
measures 37x20mm
white flowers on blue-black background, flowers encased under clear glass.


another view of the above bead

THE TWIN FLOWERS
measures 23x21mm
there are exactly two flowers on this bead, the petals are very pale pink

WAVES, hollow bead
measures 29x32mm
periwinkle motifs on transparent teal


Another view of WAVES

THE BLUE HABENERA, hollow bead
measures 32x39mm
this hollow bead is really quite large! 
ivory motifs on transparent medium blue

One end of THE BLUE HABENERA


PINK LOVE LETTERS, hollow bead
measures 33x35mm
pink motifs on transparent light grey

One end of PINK LOVE LETTERS

CREAM PUFFS, hollow bead
measures 30x34mm
ivory motifs on transparent light grey


another view of CREAM PUFFS


A BLUE MOON, hollow bead
measures 28x35mm
ivory motifs on transparent light blue. this bead is more oval than round.




2 comments:

eve said...

Oh Dora, these are all stunning, i really love the twin towers, the are just divine,x

Dora Schubert said...

Thank you, Eve!