Thursday, February 11, 2010

SNOW INFLUENCED?

It's been snowing since mid December and has not really stopped. I love the scenery it creates though not the traffic chaos we have been facing. There are days when I thought that the snow is going to melt away, and then it snows again. Believe it or not, we have a lot of windows in our home and to see the extreme snow drifts, it is an incredible experience. It is like someone is sifting powdered sugar above our windows. Perhaps the snowing has influenced me to use enamels on my beads again. I have not used enamels for about two years now. Here are some new beads from me which I have sprinkled joyfully the enamels on my beads:

CHERRY OF THE BLOSSOMS
focal bead with 4 disc spacer beads
white enamel on clear glass

THE LAST SONG
focal bead, teal and cream enamels on clear glass

SAY SOMETHING SWEET
lentils+focal bead with transparent pink spacer beads



I have also taken off with the Magnolia-style beads in another direction. The last set I made with heart-shaped petals (Love Messages) was the beginning of this new 'look'. Ok, I admit, I have gone overboard with the photography of this set. I love the colors and effects I have managed to get with this set. Bear with me, here are several views of the same set. 

MAGIC OF THE PHOENIX

View from one end
They remind me of snowflakes.

Neat, huh?

This is how the set looks like if you're using as a necklace. Beads are quite large, each about 16x18mm.


14 comments:

Jenn said...

Oh. Wow. Those are spectacular and made me catch my breath!

Dora Schubert said...

Thank you, Jenn!

hello gorgeous said...

OMG Dora! These are stunning! ;o)

Love the colours, love the design, LOVE the heart leaves! ;o)

hugs

hello gorgeous xxx

by keiara - lampwork beads said...

Oh, I LOVE them all! And you feel free to take as many pictures as you like, sweets.. they all look GORGEOUS!! ;) Have a wonderful weekend! <3

ANNE said...

These beads are gorgeous!
I LOVE you "floral style".

Dora Schubert said...

Thank you, Anne!

SueBeads said...

WOW - gorgeous! All of them!

Dora Schubert said...

Thank you, Sue!

Carmen Isaacs said...

They are absolutely stunning.

Dora Schubert said...

Thank you, Keiara and Carmen! Have a great weekend too, Keiara!

Lynne Glazzard said...

they are absolutely breathtaking

ChatElaine said...

I love the way the enamel has given it a graduated effect, gorgeous. The magic of the phoenix set is truely breathtaking!! We love seeing all those pictures!! ♥♥

Dora Schubert said...

Thanks, Lynne & Elaine. Yes, Elaine, I too like how enamels can be used either in a 'lay-it-on-thick' or lightly, depending on what effects you want to achieve.

Nickie Whitcombe said...

Wowwwwwwwwww! Just love the pink ones with the black enamel! Do you sell these? x