Saturday, February 20, 2010

LARGE IS BEAUTIFUL

I am taking a short break selling on Ebay as I have some legal technicalities I have to clarify before listing my beads on Ebay again. If I do list anything before matters are clarified, I shall not be offering the auctions to any EU countries, the auctions will only be for shipment outside of the EU countries. My sincere apologies and I regret any inconvenience caused. For EU buyers, please contact me directly if you wish to purchase any of my beads.

Here are some of my latest beads - all beads are for sale, please email me for the prices -


FLOWERS ARE BEGINNING TO BLOOM
Measures 30x22mm, made on 2mm mandrel
Core color: medium transparent topaz with blue, white and purple flowers, green leaves.
The white flowers are on another layer and sit above the blue flowers. A layered floral bead.




I DREAM OF FLOWERS 
(next 2 photos are of the same bead, different views)
Measures 31x24mm, made on 2mm mandrel
Also a layered floral bead. Green core with flowers in salmon pink and purple


(Same bead as above)




I've done some VERY LARGE focal beads. I like how they have turned out! Seriously, I love making/drawing this kind of beads. It's probably the release I needed from the past two-three days of the legal nonsense I have to dredge through. I personally love the Butterflies Are Free and The Blue Macaw In The Amazon. I hope you like them as much I enjoyed making them!


A BIRD
Measures 56x25mm, 10mm thick; made on 2mm mandrel
Ivory base with colors in yellow, orange, green, purple. Bird motif is drawn with black stringer


Photo shows the entire drawing of the bird, which goes around the bead.



BUTTERFLIES ARE FREE
Measures 49x33mm, 10mm thick; made on 2mm mandrel
Colors used: ivory base, yellow, orange, purple, green periwinkle
Butterfly motif drawn with black stringer



Photo shows the drawing of the entire butterfly, which wraps around the bead.




THE BLUE MACAW IN THE AMAZON
Measures 54x27mm, 13mm thick
Colors used: light ivory base with periwinkle, blue, teal, yellow, green, purple



Photo shows both sides of the bead. I chose to draw a flower on the reverse.




THE HAPPY FISH
Measures 45x25mm, 11mm thick; made on 2mm mandrel
Colors used: light ivory base with yellow, green, purple, blue, green. Fish motif is drawn with black stringer




4 comments:

Jolanda said...

Hi Dora, wow der Flower-Beads are so beautiful!!!! I like this design very much....great compliments to you:-))

Love
Jolanda

Dora Schubert said...

Thank you, Jolanda!

Guido said...

aaaaammmmaaaizing, monsta !!!
was für eine tiefe bei den blüten,
da kann man(n) nur staunen . .
lg
guido

Dora Schubert said...

Lieben Dank, Guido!