Tuesday, February 2, 2010

HEART-FELT DAYS

I remember when I first started lampworking, I was very keen to learn how to make heart-shaped beads. Mind you, it requires lot of patience. I can't say why, but now, I have no patience whatsoever for making heart-shaped beads. It seems to take forever to get the mass of glass melted to the size you need. Finally when I get the right shape, I have no inkling what motifs I should put on it! Yes, all that creative energy zapped away by the eternal mass of melting glass. Don't know exactly what triggered me to make heart beads this time again, maybe it's that virus in the air since I remember the last time I made heart beads, it was about a year ago.

We have massive snowfall again today, it has been snowing at least for the past 6 hours. Probably will cause traffic chaos again. This morning, I left the dog tied outside the supermarket and when I came out after about 20 minutes, Sandy looked like he was moldy with snow! Anyway, it is definitely a nice day to work indoors and I had taken the opportunity to shoot photos of my beads to share with you. All of them will be going on sale over the next days.


THE HEART-THROB


STRANGER IN THE MIDST
Lentil-shaped beads in ivory with black motifs and red dots

UNTITLED
Heart-shaped Magnolia style beads


Close-up of above beads


UNTITLED
small beads made exclusively with Bullseye glass

5 comments:

SueBeads said...

Wow, those heart implosion beads are amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dora Schubert said...

Thanks, Sue!

rosebud101 said...

Dora, you are amazing! Every bead you make is amazing! I love the heart implosion beads! Wow!

Dora Schubert said...

Thank you, Mallory!

JivesJools said...

Wow!! Those are amazing! Absolutely gorgeous work!