Sunday, January 24, 2010

SURPRISE PURCHASE

Yesturday my husband and I drove to Hamburg to look for a simple laser printer as I was having problems with my less-than-two-years-old printer. It persistently prints out completely black pages no matter what I do. Things these days just aren't what they used to be. Well, we ended up not buying any printer as the store was out of HP printers and came home instead with a brand new whopping 27" Mac! I had planned to replace my Mac - it is already six years old - next month, but jumped the gun. I mean, next month is just less than two weeks away. One thing for sure, transferring my data from Mac-to-Mac was easy-peasy with fire-wire technique though it took nine hours for the transmission. After all, it is 6 years' worth of data we're talking about.

Anyway, this is one of the reasons I am slowing down with my lampworking besides the fact that I need to re-organize my torching area to include a space for copper electroforming and metalwork. I have been shelving this for the past 6 months. On top of that, it is time to do the necessary admin and paperwork.

Here are some beads I made last week, I shall be back at the torch perhaps mid of the week. Enjoy your weekend and have a great new start tomorrow!


7 comments:

Guido said...

hallo dora ;)
deine ruhige hand möchte ich haben . . . tolle stringertechnik, respekt ;)
lg
guido

rosebud101 said...

beautiful!

Dora Schubert said...

Thank you, Mallory!

Vielen Dank, Guido!

hello gorgeous said...

ooooo dora, I LOVE the black and white beads....stunning! ;o)

There's nothing like a surprise, think I would've LOVED this surprise tooo...I'm a PC but long to be a Mac!

What better time to get totally organised aswell, start 2010 as you mean to go on I say.....

Can't wait to see more of your creations! ;o)

hugs

hello gorgeous xxx

Dora Schubert said...

Thank you, hello gorgeous. Once a Mac-user, always a Mac-user!

SharDon Exclusives said...

I Love your beadwork! This is my first visit and I will be back each time you post.
Sharon

Dora Schubert said...

Thanks, Sharon and I look forward to your visit again!