Saturday, January 9, 2010

SEARCHING FOR THE BONE


OK, did you figure out what's that in the picture? If not, you have to scroll to the bottom of this blog to find out.

I finally got my hit yesturday and spent a productive time at my torch. What with a long break during the Christmas/New Year holidays, it has not been easy getting my 'rhythm' back. I was spending about two to three hours at the torch since the beginning of this new year, struggling to get one bead made; I was constantly totally lost in space, unfocused and was so-called experimenting. Why do I call it 'so-called experimenting'? It's really pseudo-experimenting to be honest, for trying to look busy. I mean, I am a full-time lampworker and it is like an 'office' job, though I could come and go as I like and don't have to punch in any time-cards.

And, yes I still continue to knit after I am finished in my studio. I can't sit in front of the telly without doing anything with my hands. I realized that knitting keeps me away from snacking unnecessarily. Pretty good way to keep off the snacks, huh?! No, don't worry, I am not hyperactive, just nutty.

Here's what I did yesturday -

MINI-BEANIES
pretty small beads, eg lentil bead is about 13mm diameter
Made with Bullseye glass

MAGNOLIAS IN SPRING
each bead alternates with purple and green
accompanying smaller beads are also matching in colors
each Magnolia bead about 15x17mm


MAGNOLIAS IN SPRING, close-up

TOPAZ MAGNOLIAS
beads have almost the same size as the top set
from light to dark topaz

TOPAZ MAGNOLIAS, close-up
So, the top photo is actually our Sandy sticking his head into the snow and pretends to look for something interesting, here is another photo of him. Now, do you see what he's doing? Like searching for his buried bone, isn't it?! The pictures were taken on our balcony - you can see how much snow has collected here. The dog goes out to eat the snow, I guess it must be like ice cream to him.


Enjoy your weekend!

4 comments:

eve said...

I'm sooo loving these style of beads i have actually added them to my fav lampwork beads on my galleries on my flickr site, love the grey colour, would love to have them all.

sassyglassdesigns said...

Great pictures and beautiful beads, as always.

rosebud101 said...

Gorgeous beads, Dora! I hope that Sandy found something interesting in the snow!

Dora Schubert said...

Thank you for your encouraging compliments, they mean a lot!