Friday, January 15, 2010

DARK SIDE OF LIFE

When I work in my studio, I usually listen to an audiobook. Yes, I have a collection of audiobooks which I download through the internet instead of purchasing audio CDs as most audio CDs are abridged versions. Plus, let's not forget the convenience of storing the audiobooks within your computer and MP3 players make. They take up less storage space in your home, believe me!

I am presently listening to Diana Gabaldon's Outlander and co-incidentally this book parallels my mood in my beads. The story is about a woman after WWII who mysteriously finds herself transported back into the 1700s. The story revolves around the 18th century, though I can't tell you more of the story as I am right in the middle of listening to it - it sure captures the right settings when I torch! At the same time, I admit I am very drawn to the Gothic fashion and make-up - oh, I find them so artistic and fabulous! Don't you agree, they are definitely cool to look at?! Aha, the dark side of me...

Here are some of my Outlander and Gothic influenced beads - large is beautiful, folks! Right below are beads which you may have caught a whiff of on Facebook or Flickr. Have a groovy weekend and I'll be back soon!


PASSING UNDER THE MOON


IT'S CLOSE TO MIDNIGHT


ENVY OF A HAPPY LOT

GOLLIWOG'S CAKEWALK


IT'S A KIND OF MAGIC

9 comments:

Cindy said...

I love that series of books. I also listen to audio CD's. I have a local library that allows downloading for free from their internet site, the book is then removed from my MP3 player automatically after a certain amount of time. It saves the budget, they have a wide range of books, too.

I have discovered half price book stores here in the USA have audio books at reasonable rates, I then donate them to my small town library. They had one book until I started donating, they now have racks and racks. They put the donations in our local paper which has caused multiple commuters to start donating books, too! Ripple affect!

Narrative jewelry said...

Great work Dora, these new beads are just gorgeous. Thank you to share them with us.

heike hasberg, Räubertochter ;-)) said...

Dear Dora!

These beads are absolutely beautiful!

My favourites are the grey ones (first and second photo)!

Greetings from Hannover!

Heike ♥

rosebud101 said...

Gorgeous beads, Dora!

Dora Schubert said...

Thank you, all, for your encouraging words!

Cindy, I tried to donate my books to our local library, they refused to accept, weird isn't it? I have a large collection of novels in English as I read a lot and because we were moving, I decided to part - though with much pain - with my novels/books. Now, I buy my books on Kindle and no longer have to throw them out! I get my audiobooks on audible.com, which is downloaded within a couple of mins.

Liebe Heike, herzlichen Dank! √úbrigens, meine Tochter, Cara, studiert in Hannover seit 2008.

Guido said...

halli hallo dora,
kind regards from switzerland ;)
amazing, amazing . . . . absolutly fantastic !
lg
guido

Dora Schubert said...

Herzlichen Dank, lieber Guido!

Lisa Atchison - Touch of Glass Designs said...

Dora, you never cease to amaze me with your talent. You have such an eye for color and design. Keep them coming, my friend, as your work is an inspiration to us all!

Dora Schubert said...

Miss Lisa, thank you!! Love your new beads posted on your blog/FB!