Friday, December 11, 2009

YULETIDE 2009

Tomorrow morning, we are heading off for a family vacation - yes, our pooch Sandy is coming along. Perhaps we are using this time of the year to escape the usual stressful annual gathering my in-laws plan at Christmas each year. A few days ago, I read in the newspaper that 25% of the Germans interviewed would love to scrap the usual Christmas gathering altogether; we're definitely part of this percentage! Let's not get into why-and-because, I think you may understand what I'm talking about but then again, you may not agree to what we are doing at all. To each his own, we are all adults and responsible for our own actions.

This month has kept me relatively busy and several surprising orders came along including a wedding band; I admit, I have not began work on the glass cabochon yet. Being a wedding ring, I am perhaps even more particular than ever since it is something so special, bonding two lives as one. Well, the sketch pad will be accompanying me for the trip!

Around this time of the year - though this year I started relatively late - I like to use Bullseye glass just because they have metal luster glass and I find this extremely befitting to the Christmas season. I have made small lentil beads and you know the smaller the bead, it becomes tricky laying down any design. Imagine, the large colorful lentils measure 26mm in diameter and these small lentils measure 13mm - a psychotic difference in size, won't you agree? I meant to capture the large and the small side by side, but keep forgetting to do so. Therefore, I don't have any photos to show you this psychotic difference. I shall try to show you this in January - if I remember.

Here are two of my latest BE (meaning Bullseye) Luster beads:

FAIRYLIGHTS

WHEN YOU WISH UPON A STAR

Last but not least, I'd like to leave you with a larger-than-life egomanical side of me for your Christmas celebrations, which is the latest ad campaign from Bullseye which I enclose for those of you who haven't seen it. For more info, you can check me (hahaha!!!) as well as other glass artists out on their website www.bullseyeglass.com/glassforlife


May I take this opportunity to wish all of you and your family a very pleasant sans stress Christmas holidays.

No comments: