Sunday, December 6, 2009

MAKE BEADS OR VEG-OUT?

Ahhh, Friday was my once-a-year-Christmas-cookie-baking-day and boy, did we end up with plenty! I got pretty tired of making them, since you have to roll the dough and cut with the cookie cutter. Quite monotonous activity. It used to be pretty fun when our girls were younger (and hey, that was when they still believed in Santa Claus!!) and they took over the cookie cutting part. These days, I bake them by myself - B O R I N G... but delicious!!! After spending the whole afternoon making the cookies myself, I must say, I have enough of cookie-baking till the same time next year!!!

Yesturday's weather was terribly wet and cold; most unpleasant. Glad that it is slightly warmer today though it is grey and cloudy. I am still debating on whether to make beads or to have a 'don't-care-about-nuts' day which means veg out, read and munch.

While I further debate, here are a couple of my new beads I'd like to share with you. Hope you like them and enjoy your Sunday!


•TWINKLE-TWINKLE LITTLE STAR
mainly round beads with disc beads and long end bead
clear beads are 'nugget' shaped
dots have iridescent/metallic-finish

•FAT-FREE PINK
This pink is so pale that it feels like low-fat to me!
Round beads with black motifs and black spacer beads

•DESERT FLOWERS•
Large lentil set, each measures 26mm in diameter, with coral-color spacer beads
Each bead has a floral motif.

•DESERT FLOWERS•
Close-up of my favorite bead from the set. This bead has the flower petals on both sides of the bead with the center of the flower right the edge of the bead.

•IT'S NEVER JUST BLACK AND WHITE•
Another large lentil set, this time I have used colors like white, light+dark grey, pale pink (same as the Fat-Free Pink set), smoke ring and brown.

•IT'S NEVER JUST BLACK AND WHITE•
Close-up

•PRIMA-DONNA•
You've guessed it, a large lentil set again!
Pale pink with black motifs and spacer beads.
Bead measurements are same as the a.m. sets

•PRIMA-DONNA•
Close-up

5 comments:

rosebud101 said...

Dora, those beads are drop dead gorgeous!

mairedodd said...

gorgeous beads - truly... and i hope you chose whatever made you feel better... for sure, you met your work quota for the day with the cookies... everyone needs some quiet time to rejuvenate - hope you gave yourself some!

Lisa Atchison - Touch of Glass Designs said...

Dora, as alway, these are BEAUTIFUL! Your love for glass shows in all of your work! Thanks for sharing ~ Happy Holidays, Lisa

niveditha said...

Just happened to see your blog.checked all your works.What an amazing work you are doing i just loved those black designs on white beads

Dora Schubert said...

Thank you, Mallory, Maire, Lisa and Nivedtha. Glad that you like the beads!