Wednesday, November 4, 2009

COLD AND WET DAYS

These past days have been very rainy; today was extremely cold because of the wind. Anyway, the weather is simply perfect for working at the torch as that keeps me nice and warm! The trees outside our windows have lost all their leaves and guess what I discovered - two baby pigeons in the nest on the tree right outside our window! Fabulous view of the babies since the trees are bare. However, I feel so sorry for the baby pigeons (what is the name for baby pigeons, 'piglings' perhaps?!), they are soaked through from the rain although one of their parents is there most of the time. I get to watch everyday how the babies get fed by the parent. What is cute is, when one of them turns around to get comfy, the other baby will also simultaneously turn too. Sort of like Chang and Eng, the Siamese twins!! I have to take photos and post it here to show you how fluffy the babies are.

Here are some of my latest beads, yes, bird beads and more fish beads!

HAPPY BIRDS!


HAPPY BIRDS! Details/Close-up

ONCE A-POND A TIME #2


ONCE A-POND A TIME, details/close-up

Around this time of the year, I get influenced by the Christmas decorations they sell at the stores. Yes, the retailers have already put out the Christmas items for sale. Here's a set of Christmas-y beads -

MAGICAL WINTER

15 comments:

Silver Parrot said...

These are really beautiful. You have a very unique style!

SueBeads said...

WOW again!

Vickie Hallmark said...

Love the bird and fish beads! Nice style -- hope you do more.

rosebud101 said...

Your stringer control is AMAZING!

Dora Schubert said...

Thank you, everyone. I am happy to hear that you like the beads!

Raspberry Rings said...

Wow Wow Wow those beads are awesome, I just love the birds!

Raspberry Rings said...

Wow Wow Wow I love those bird beads...gorgeous!

Raspberry Rings said...

Beautiful Birds, just gorgeous

Dora Schubert said...

Thanks, Raspberry Rings!

Sue Doran said...

Gosh, these are absolutely all super! I love the line and wash effect you've got on the pond and birds - such vision to lay down blocks of colour and then the confidence to "draw" the lines ... I'm speechless with admiration!

by keiara - lampwork beads said...

Ooh, Dora, I loveloveLOVE the Happy Birds set! Gorgeous work :) xox

belvedere beads said...

your bird beads are simply amazing.

Dora Schubert said...

Thank you, everyone, I appreciate all your compliments!!

Dora Schubert said...

Thank you, everyone, I appreciate all your compliments!!

beads13 said...

Hallo,
Einfach nur Wunderschön! Perfekt!

Ich habe einen Blogaward verliehn...Näheres auf meinem Blog!

Viele Grüsse aus Frankfurt
Nicole