Thursday, May 14, 2009

FEELING HAPPY!!

I can't tell you how much I love this time of the year, spring turning into summer, it makes me feel so happy!! Though I admit, I say that no matter what seasonal changes we have. I also love the colors of autumn, complain when it's close to winter. But when it snows, I tell myself how beautiful it is till the snow becomes slosh and by this time, you'd think I'm suffering from schizophrenia because I'd be forever complaining about winter blues, cold and the chill to my bones. Ah, whatever it is, the grass is always greener on the other side. Still, presently I love seeing the burst of colors each week whenever the different flowers are 'due to bloom'.

I am most likely influenced by the great weather we're having since April, let's hope it'll stay sunny for a L O N G time because living up north in any temperate country means the weather seldom stays lovely. I have been making Taj beads, which I haven't taken any photos for today's blog, but also lots of beads for my Earth-To-Mum bracelets! I make these beads at the end of a session where I don't have to use my brain cells too much...here are 3 bracelets I'd like to share with you.

Earth-To-Mum Bubble Flowers Bracelet
These beads remind me of the bubble tea drink which was extremely popular in the Asian countries a few years back.

Close up, showing toggle/catch


Earth-To-Mum Bubble Flower Bracelet
My fav color combo, using turquoise and amber


Close up showing toggle/catch

Earth-To-Mum Clowning Around Bracelet
I had such fun making the beads for this bracelet. They either have a crooked pointy or absolutely round ends.


Close up, the toggle is a very crooked pointed bead

6 comments:

sassyglassdesigns said...

Your beads just make me sit with my mouth open muttering Oh! - they are so beautiful.

Dora Schubert said...

Thank you!!

mamajanl said...

These are fabulous! I love the colors and shapes of the beads. Seeing your work always makes me happy.

By the way, Water for Elephants was one of my favorite books to read. I plan to study your list!!!! Jan

Dora Schubert said...

Thanks, Jan! I love reading and unfortunately disposed quite a lot when we moved last Nov. I only listed a few books since I can't recall all the titles I have read. If you like Water for Elephants, you might like to consider reading Bryce Courtenay's and Jodi Picoult's books along with Ken Follett's, totally captivating.

Lorelei said...

I just stumbled onto your blog from SueBeads. I am in total awe. I love these little button beads you are creating. What a cool design. Do you sell your bead sets anywhere online?
Can you let me know an idea of how much a set of beads would be?

Dora Schubert said...

Thank you, Lorelei! Look forward to working with you!