Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Miniature Reef Beads

I have been paired off to work with Lisa Tune on a collaborative project and the theme is based on the 4 elements - earth, water, fire and wind. Lisa chose the water element and I agreed to it. Our correspondence was in October 2008 and I just couldn't put my mind to coming up with ideas for the project. Finally, 2008 gave way to 2009 and the deadline is Feb 1st, so I figured it was time to get the beads down. Lisa still has to work the beads into a finished necklace!!

Anyway, these are the beads made specially for the project, this is the first time I've attempted making 3-D underwater scenes - which I am awfully pleased with!


Set of 'Miniature Reefs' beads
each bead measures 1.8x2.0cm

The below photos are close-up of each bead -



I decided that the set needed a pendant to it and made this focal bead to go with the set.
The below beads were made this week - I shall bring them with me to Tucson (Best Bead Show) if I do not sell them beforehand.



These round beads are about 2.5cm or 1" in diameter, they remind me of my childhood days when we played with marbles.

2 comments:

Karen said...

wow these beads are fab, I hope one day mine will look a fraction as good

Dora Schubert said...

Thanks, Karen!!!