Thursday, October 23, 2008

WHIRLWIND WEEK

The past days have been all about de-cluttering and parting with things which we (my husband would say that it's more 'I' - it means, yours truly, moi - and not 'we') have been storing for the at least 7 years and never seen daylight. Painful as it is, it is perhaps a good turning point before I hit half a decade old to be more mobile and not carry with me the 'junk' I have been hoarding. Besides when I bite the dust, our daughters will probably cart out the stuff to the junk yard. Take it from me, de-cluttering eases the mind and soul - and of course less strain for the back since there is less to carry during the move!

Yes, we are moving soon. The move is just 5 min drive away but whether 1 or 100 or 1000km the same old procedure is unavoidable. This will be our 12th move in 22 years - I am quite exhausted with moving, to be honest. On the other hand, it will be lovely to move into an apartment which is well maintained and bright. Where we have been living for the past three years, the previous owner is bankrupt and none of the much-needed repairs in our apt were carried out. The bank foreclosed on his mortage and auctioned off the house. Well, to cut the long and boring story short, we can't get along with the new owners and decided to move.

Besides the studio now being fully cluttered during the de-cluttering phase, I have been making beads - perhaps this is the way I can avoid staring at my clutter. Here are some beads - some are already on ebay.com while others just came out of the kiln this morning.

'Amber Mellows'

'The Capture'

'Impressions'


'MoonDance'

'Starry Nights'

Below are new nameless focals and bead sets, which will probably be listed on ebay or etsy shortly.



No comments: