Tuesday, April 1, 2008

WEEKEND OF RHYTHMS

This weekend was spent taking a workshop called Jazz Rhythms for Tap Dancers conducted by Thomas Altmann - a professional drummer and percussionist - held at the Hoofers Tap Dancing School in Hamburg (Nicola Hartlef owns and runs the school by herself, an excellent 'tapper' I'd like to add). I started taking tap dancing in September 2006 and that is my second passion after lampworking. A most delightful distraction from torching and I must admit that tap dancing is the very thing which tempts me easily away from my torch.

As you may have guessed, I was unable to lampwork this weekend. However, may I introduce you to my new 'partner' - Alex

'ALEX, THE NIGHT OWL'



'ALEX, THE NIGHT OWL, VISITS JAPAN'


One set which I managed to squeeze in before the weekend -

'EAST OF THE SUN AND WEST OF THE MOON'


Have a great week!

1 comment:

Judith Johnston said...

Hi Dora, I'm loving your blog. I think tap dancing could pull me away from the torch too.