Friday, March 28, 2008

TIME FOR OTHERS

This week has been quite exhilarating though sometimes despairing when I was lost for ideas in creating my work. I was lost in space for the past two days and yesturday I decided to work on my beads made specially for the children who are in the Beads of Courage program in Tucson, Arizona.

I was contacted by Carol Saker who is in charge of Beads of Courage, Tucson/Arizona this January, I have been scratching my scalp thinking of what beads I could make especially for the children and their caretakers in this program. For those of you who don't know what this program is about, please take time to check out their website www.beadsofcourage.net - I don't think I will do any justification by trying to explain their program or mission in my own words.

Sure, I could have just sent over my experimental or 'orphan' beads but I felt something personal from me was lacking. I finally 'cracked the pot' and came up with these 'Children of the World' beads. I have special names for these 'children' beads too: the first row consists of the 'Angels' (yes, these are girls), second row are the 'Rascals' (the boys) and the last row are the 'Choir Boys' - and yes, there will be Choir Girls too. I hope to make more of the children beads and send them out to Carol before the end of April.

'Children of the World'

My friend, Elizabeth, said to me that helping others is good medicine. Don't you agree?

Here are some new creations made these past days - before and after I was lost in space. Have a wonderful weekend!

'Spring Sequence'

'Spider Lily'
'A Summer Bouquet'

'What A Treat!'

'Let's Fall In Love'

'Ladies' Night'
Untitled Focal Bead - lentil-shaped
Untitled Focal Bead - freeformed

Untitled Focal Bead - lentil-shaped
'Window Beads in Mint Green'

'Window Beads in Teal'

'Window Beads in French Vanilla'

1 comment:

Natascha said...

the are again so lovely, i like also the window beads.